Monday 6 October 2014

Strictly Monday

I admit I'm a bit of a fan of the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing, I enjoy watching the celebrities and seeing how they improve. And I have to admit the costumes are just amazing and sparkly.
This years series started a couple of weeks back with a double episode split across Friday 26th and Saturday 27th. Luckily for the celebs it was the first week so no one was being voted off.  This weekend the public started voting and the first celebrity has left the dance floor. For this year I thought I would blog my views about the weekends show on the following Monday. I won't list all the celebrities and their Pro partners but you will find a full list  here .

Strictly Celebrities 2014
So Saturday night was a long show with all fifteen couples dancing, I admit I missed a couple of dances as I was busy sorting out tea, but my girlie gave a good opinion on them. We have a few we like so far:

  • Tim Wonnacott with Natalie Lowe, danced beautifully we like him for sense of humour.
  • Alison Hammond with Aljaž Skorjanec, did a great Foxtrot and boy can she dance with so much personality. 
  • Caroline Flack with Pasha Kovalev, danced a lovely Tango
  • Simon Webbe with Christina Rihanoff, also the Tango, I didn't think I would like Simon but I was pleasantly surprised and he dances well.
  • Frankie Bridge with Kevin Clifton, I knew she was going to be good and she's dancing with Kevin who with Suzanne Reid was our favourite to win last year. 
  • Jake Wood with Janette Manrara, Jake has started off as the dark horse of this series for us and wow that Salsa. 
Jake and Janette dancing the Salsa

As usual we disagreed with some of the judges scores, Frankie's Charleston it was good and deserved better mark so did Alison with her foxtrot. But one score I did disagree with was Pixie's Waltz getting the same marks as Jake's Salsa, in my opinion Jake's dance was better.

Pixie and Trent dancing the Waltz 
So we had to wait until yesterday evening to find out who would be in the dance off. Well we weren't surprised to see Gregg Wallace with Aliona Vilani dancing again but we were with Jennifer Gibney with Tristan McManus, we thought it might have been Judy Murray with Anton du Beke. 
They both danced better for the second time and I had to agree with the judges decision to send Gregg home. 

I'm looking forward to next weekend. 
Vic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment