Friday 3 October 2014

New Doll - Catalina

I made another doll this week, one that I have been planning for a few months. I slowly got  few items together for her over the summer holidays including some silk from a very lovely lampworker Sue of Blue Box Studio. The doll is a Dia de los muertos or Day of the dead Doll, and I used the sugar skull as the starting point for her. So I made a doll with a white painted face neck and hands and then painted onto the face a sugar skull design, I also gave her nails a quick slick of black paint.

ooak day of the dead doll

I added some lace to the front of the bodice and I wrapped some ric rac ribbon around the arms to give some texture and pattern to them. The rest of the bodice looked a bit sparse so I doubled up some cream organza ribbon and added a diamante buckle. At the back I also added a couple of vintage mother of pearl buttons. 

day of the dead art doll

I admit I'm really pleased with how she's turned out.  

cloth art doll day of the dead doll

Now I'm starting to plan my next dolls and I may have to make one christmassy. 

Vic x


No comments:

Post a Comment