Thursday 31 July 2014

Fairytale Cornish Pixie Elves

A while ago I painted Arthur and Merlin Pixie Elves and I did think of painting a few more Fairytale characters. The first one that came to mind was Robin Hood and Maid Marion, well as I had a spare rounded bodied elf I just also had to include Friar Tuck. 
For Robin I was worried about the green paint I had as it wasn't a bright green more of a dusty green and his hat was going to be a challenge. So I sewed two triangles of felt together and turned them out, added a feather to the brim and it looked great. With Maid Marion I wasn't sure what colours to use, Girlie suggested blue and I'm glad she did. I added some silver details and sewed a scrap of white organza to her felt hat. The Friar was naturally the easiest to paint and I think they look really good. 

Robin, Maid Marion, Friar Tuck

I also had seven tiny rounded elf bodies that just needed another larger elf to go with them. Yes you guessed it Snow White was next. With Snow I wanted to avoid the Disney Princess colours of her so I decided to paint her body mainly red with black, gold and white highlights. All the dwarves I decided to paint their shirts and neckties all in different colour, as they were tiny it was a bit of a challenge. During painting I nicknamed them Snow and her Entourage.  

Snow white and her dwarves

I'm now thinking of some other fairy tales that will work well with my elves, but first I have a few other ideas that I want to paint. 

Until next time

Vic xx

2 comments: