Monday 23 February 2015

New Gnome Badges

Last week was half term and I wanted something quick to make for week 8 of the year long challenge. The reason I wanted to make something quick was we were going to be really busy except for a couple of days so I couldn't really start a bigger make. So I made a few more Felt Gnome brooches, they are fun and quickish to make if you don't accidently scatter all the pattern pieces off onto the floor like I did. 

Felt Gnome Brooch

I wanted to make a gnome thats similar to the Pixie elves and the tall hatted gnome was made I gave him a green hat but it could be made in any colour. 

green Felt Gnome Brooch


Next was the Spartan Gnome, his Spartan helmet was a bit tricky to cut as I didn't want to accidently cut off the nose guard. He is the only gnome with visible eyes, well closed eyes as I like no eyes showing I think it gives them a more comical character.  

Spartan Felt Gnome Brooch


Next was Sid the Pirate, I wasn't sure which color to do his bandana hat it was going to be blue but girlie suggested red and I'm glad she did. 

Sid the Pirate Felt Gnome Brooch

And finally what in the end was the most awkward one to make the Pirate Captain, I wanted to add skull and crossbone to the font of his hat. First I tried a white gel pen which didn't work so I tried a bit of white acrylic paint but it still didn't work. So in the end I replaced the felt and stitched in white thread the skull and crossbones, and it was so much better. 

Pirate Captain Felt Gnome Brooch

They are all in my Etsy shop and I'm now thinking of some new ideas for the gnomes and also what to make for week 9 as this week is going to be very busy again. 

Until next time

Vic xx




No comments:

Post a Comment