Thursday, 12 February 2015

Oops I missed a week

I forgot to add my make for week 5 of the year long challenge to the last post so here it is now. I finally made my needlecase.

Patchwork Needle Case front

This is the front with some of my vintage pearl buttons, I made it in a patchwork style with some batting and lined the inside with some of my favourite taffeta from my fabric stash.

Patchwork Needle Case inside

I used some white muslin for the leaves of the case and as you can see I've already filled it up with my sharps and my darning needles I use for my doll making.

Patchwork Needle Case back

I also trimmed the front and back with ribbons, I did have to resew it as it had gone a bit wonky. I also did some top stitching around the edge to neaten it a bit more. 
Its now in my doll sewing box and I love using it.

see you soon
Vic xx

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. It's so very pretty and I think I'll have to make one too. x