Wednesday 19 November 2014

New Fairy Dolls

Last week I started three dolls, all of them Fairies, and yesterday I finally finished them. Two are from a pattern by Faewyck Studios, they are small and you can display them on a wooden stick / skewer.
I used some peach and green fabric for the bodies and I used a beautiful jade green and orange shot taffeta for the dresses. The pattern instructions were clear and concise and I even made some organza and wire wings. Here are photos of Cinnamon and Fern, they will soon be available in my Etsy shop over the next few days.

cinnamon fairy art doll

fairy art doll

The other Fairy doll I made was from my own pattern, and it went reasonably well even though I ended up having to make a second head as the first one wasn't right. I used some of my favourite blue organza, chiffon and taffeta for her. Dressing her was fun as I gave her a really full petticoat / underskirt and an even fuller skirt. I had an offcut of the chiffon so I wrapped it around the body and waist and it formed a decorative bodice and, which you can see on the photo below.

fairy angel cloth art doll


I also wanted to give her some shoes so I used my fabric pens to give the fairy some really fun lace up ankle boots.

art doll

I had also been planning from the start to give her some feather wings I had bought last year. 


art doll


I really love her and very pleased in how she has turned out and she's in my Etsy shop. I think I'm going to make another one for my christmas tree this year. 

Vic xx





No comments:

Post a Comment