Tuesday 16 September 2014

A doll and a trio of elves

Last week I showed you the doll I was working on and today I thought I would show you how it turned out. The Doll was from a pattern called Elf Shot by Faewyck Studios, I picked this pattern as my Mum liked it and as she kept trying to steal the Professor Troll doll I decided I would make her a doll of her own for her birthday. As you know the head proportion was wrong so I made another head and it was a lot better. Usually I glue and needle felt in the hair but this time I sewed each lock individually, I think it worked out well.

elf art doll

I gave the elf to Mum and she loves it and she thought it was great that I reused the leather from an old handbag of hers for the boots the doll is wearing

elf art doll



Not only was I busy with birthdays, my daughter and Mum share the same birthday, I also needed to finish a commission. The commission was for three of my Cornish Pixie Elves, I could paint them what colour I thought best as long as they weren't too bright. So I chose my largest elves to paint and I was going to paint them all the same colour but I decided on a pastel / natural palette. I love these colours together and they remind me of sugared almonds. 


elves

elves

I delivered them yesterday and my customer really loved them. 

Until next time
Vic xx


No comments:

Post a Comment