Friday 24 January 2014

Spring Elves

Its a normal day here grey with mizzle, it feels like it been grey and wet forever and I'm wishing for spring to arrive. With Spring in mind a few weeks back I decided I wanted to paint some elves in spring colours. I had also decided I wanted to offer my customers a basic elf in a choice of colours and sizes. This is the first time I have had the tiny elf for sale online they have only ever been available as part of a set or at craft fairs. I already had in mind the colours I wanted to use my favourite pastel paints, pink, yellow, blue and green and of course I have matching felt for the hats. I think they look lovely and spring like. 



 With spring in my mind I had a flash of inspiration for a special oriental elf, this was going to be tricky as I wanted to paint a decoration on her body. I had to wait between coats to produce the effect I wanted and then I added some crystals and Blossom the oriental elf was done with hand painted cherry blossom on her body. 


All of these elves are now available in my ETSY shop.
See you next time
Victoria xx

P.S. Mizzle is a local word for mist and drizzly rain 

No comments:

Post a Comment