Monday 13 January 2014

Fabric Fun

At the weekend I was in my local town Bude having my haircut and I decided to pop into the fabric shop. I love going into the shop it's stuffed full of rolls of fabric and trims. I usually end up buying metre or so of shot taffetas or organza. They also have boxes of fabric squares that are the size of a fat quarter or smaller, I love rummaging through these boxes especially as they are perfect for clothing for my cloth dolls. This week I was going to just buy a few squares but it ended up a lot of squares especially as my daughter wanted some as well, but I have a lovely pile of fabric to add to my stash along with a large piece of black faux leather which is ideal for doll shoes or boots. 


The main reason for visiting the fabric shop was I treated myself to a new cloth doll book, a couple of patterns and tools before Christmas. I'm hoping to make a start on a doll either the end of this week or early next week. The book and one of the patterns are by Barbara Willis, the dolls are just beautiful with a victorian / edwardian feel and made of scrumptious looking fabrics. The tools are perhaps a bit boring really I've added a pair of curved forceps / hemostats to my work box and a stuffing fork which will help stuff the dolls, I usually use forceps and a chopstick but it is nice to have a special tool occasionally. 


Until next time
Victoria xx



No comments:

Post a Comment