Monday 8 December 2014

More New Dolls

Hello firstly an apology I have been a bit remiss and not blogged for a little bit, home life and getting ready for christmas has got in the way. And most importantly I have been busy making two new dolls, which I have been desperate to get out of my head as the idea for them has been sat in there a while now.
I used white satin, white and a pale blue organza for both of the dolls and then added different ribbons and extra trims. I had a change with the colourings and shadings of the face using blue and violet, with their white merino wool hair they looked very wintery and icy which is the look I was aiming for.

pearl small cloth art doll

Pearl, is one of my small art dolls and I really wanted to add the dark grey feather wings, and I had some dark grey ribbon and bows that worked well with them. 

pearl cloth art doll

The big doll I struggled with a name so I searched for viking / scandinavian names and found a couple but Astrid was the one that suited this Ice Queen Doll the best. 

icy queen art doll

One thing I knew she would need was a crown / tiara, and it was nice to be using my jewellery making skills again. I must admit I had forgotten how much wirework can  hurt the fingers.  I also got out the hot fix crystals to add a few to her skirt and also I sewed a few glass drop beads to the points.

art doll

I think if I was making her again I might have made a painted face similar to Scarlet, Cerridwen and Catalina. It certainly would have given the doll a different look but perhaps thats something to consider for another doll.  

ice queen art doll

This is my last two dolls for this year as I'm going to have a bit of a break for a few weeks. I'll be back making some new ones in the new year as there are a couple of ideas already rattling around in my head, along with a few new Pixie Elf ideas. 

Until next time

Vic xx

ice queen art doll







No comments:

Post a Comment