Tuesday 13 March 2018

New Art Dolls and Cornish Pixies

Last year I admit I was struggling with both my muse / mojo and family life. Which meant it was easier for me to write as it was difficult to keep getting out all my crafting items for just an hour here and there. The start of this year was the same and along with a bad cold I couldn't shake, which made things a challenge but a show was looming so I need something new.  So first I painted four new Cornish Pixies which I really enjoyed painting especially the Frog Prince.


frog prince cornish pixie
Frog Prince

feather cornish pixie
Feather Cornish Pixie

gecko cornish pixie
Gecko Cornish Pixie

orca cornish pixie
Orca Cornish Pixie

Recently I made two Art Dolls ready for another show. They are from a Sharon Mitchell pattern I bought as I wanted to try these types of doll. The pattern does require craft velour for the face and body, but I used the last of mine on Edgar the Troll, so I used cotton instead. Finding a candlestick base for them was harder but I did find two and they have worked well. So here are Cecille and Odette a bust statue art doll.

cecille art doll bust statue
Cecille

cecille art doll bust statue
Cecille

odette art doll bust statue
Odette

odette art doll bust statue
Odette
The dolls will be in my Etsy shop and hopefully they will have some company as I need to make some more of my smaller dolls.

Until next time
Vic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment