If you want to join in or just read the other blogger's posts then click on this pic and have a read and follow the instructions to join in.
And now to the creative part, last week I started making the heads for three dolls, two are going to be witches and the other well I'll tell you more about that when its finished. But first here are the three heads all marked out waiting for me to start the sculpting of the head with my needle and thread.
After they were needle sculpted I then drew in the features and coloured them in and coated them with fixative. This time I put the heads on a bamboo skewer when I sprayed the fixative which was a lot easier and it also meant my hands didn't get covered as well.
After that I started on the bodies and then I ran into a small problem of skipping stitches on one of the bodies. I dug out my other machine needles but the stitches were still skipping. I packed it all away and left it a day and I've had a look on-line for some blue tipped needles, but then I thought I wonder and out came my ball pointed needles again and I went up a size and then another and hooray no skipped stitches.
After all the stuffing and sewing it was on to painting the boots on the legs, I gave each leg a couple of coats of the black paint and in between each I attached the heads and sewed up any openings. While the legs dry I like to pop them in a glass or cup which does also make me smile.
So after attaching the arms and legs to the bodies with buttons I finished off one doll, and I've called her Myrtle. Usually I attach the hat to the head but his time as its a gift and I wanted the recipient to use the doll for different holidays I left it loose.
The other two dolls will now have to wait a bit as I need to make a trip to the fabric shop and also its half term term and Mr Cornish Dragon is having a holiday so I reckon I will get them finished in a week or so. But in the meantime I will leave you with some more photos of Myrtle the Witch.
Until next time